The purpose of the Parking Regulation is to set the terms and conditions of parking, to ensure clear responsibilities for both parties, the operator of the car park and the driver of the parking vehicle. These regulations are valid within the premises enclosed for parking.
The agreement is set between the operator and the client for indoor or outdoor parking of a vehicle. The agreement starts with the beginning of the parking, according to the below mentioned rules.
1. The parking lot is operated by Life Festival (operator)
2. The parking lot is available 24 hours every day between 27/05/2015, Friday (11 AM) - 30.05.2016, Monday (2 PM)
3. The Life Festival Parking lot can be found right next to the festival reception.
4. In case the onsite facility is full, the organizers reserve the right to redirect Life Festival Parking clients to other parking lots.
5. Please look out for the Festival Crew at the parking lot’s entrance to adquiere yoru TICKET.
6. You will be able to enter the parking area with your parking ticket.
7. After entering the parking lot you will leave it and walk to the festival area.8. The parking lot is well guarded, but the Festival does not take responsibility for your car and luggage left in the car.
9. The speed limit is 10 km/h within these premises.
10. Clients are responsible for damages they do in the car park or in other parking vehicles. The operator of the car park does not take any responsibility for damages done by clients in other people’s possessions.
11. Driving in to the parking place is controlled by parking staff, if needed they provide help with the parking.
While parking, clients must not obstacle or hinder other vehicles parking with special regard to getting in and out of the cars, moving luggage or leaving the car park.
12. Clients are obliged to keep their vehicles locked and to take the keys with them. The operator does not keep or store any keys or documentation; as a result cars cannot be moved by the staff at any circumstances. Both parties accept the extent of responsibility and the amount of the parking fee with regard to these conditions.
Keys and other possessions cannot be stored, not even in exceptional cases or if it is asked for.
13. In case of fire, natural disaster, terrorist attack or any exceptional events caused by force majeure, where the operator does not have the means of providing security of property or personal safety, the orders of officials are to be followed.
14. These regulations are applicable until leaving the gates of the car park.
15. The operator does not accept any liability for damages or loss resulted from the loss of the parking card.
16. The operator does not accept any liability for any dirt or damages resulted from outdoor parking.
17. The operator does not check or register the items left in the car, so it does not accept any liability for these possessions.
18. The operator is not liable for any possessions left in the car, including phones, tablets, computers or navigational tools.
19. Explosives or flammable materials (other than petrol in its tank), living animals, biohazardous, perishable, poisonous, radiating or in any other way harmful materials or anything that is illegal to possess must not be kept in the parking vehicle.
20. If it is suspected that any of the above mentioned materials is in the car, the operator informs the authorities and follows their instructions.
21. The operator does not accept any liability resulted from the violation of point 13, the client is responsible for any damages or claims.
22. If there is a debate about the vehicle’s condition, the client has to prove the difference to the condition recorded by the operator. The client bears all costs of the proving, even if his/her right is proven.
23. Our current fees can be found on the festival webiste.
24. The client acknowledges that if the parking fee is not settled completely, the operator can withhold the vehicle according to the low.
25. The client acknowledges that he/she is only allowed to leave the parking lot after paying the fee, in case of disagreement the parking staff can withhold the car.
26. No further claims can be based on the withholding of the car by the client.
27. If the person who wants to take the car cannot show the parking card the right of disposal is investigated individually.
28. No claims can be raised against the operator resulted from disagreement about the right of disposal. Liabilities of the operator
29. In exchange for the current parking fee, the operator allows the client to park and leave the parked vehicle during the duration of the Festival.
30. The client is obliged to pay all due fees, to keep the parking car and to follow the rules of the Parking Regulation.
31. Apart from following these regulations and trying to enforce them the operator of the park place has no effect on other people’s behavior. As long as it keeps these regulations the operator has no responsibility for any third party’s behavior, especially not for intended and inevitable damages, vandalism, theft or burglary done by them, regardless of their presence in parking place was rightful or not.
Liabilities of the Client:
32. The client must have valid liability insurance for the car during whole period of parking. The operator does not take over the car, its parts or accessories or possessions kept inside, so it is not responsible for them or any damages done in them. The parties are aware of these facts when they accept the parking fee. The operator does not accept liability for damages done by weather, natural disasters or any other conditions.